Thursday, October 13, 2011

Trending: DIY Glitter Shoes (Three Ways)

You can't surf the Interwebs these days without running into an DIY involving glitter and shoes. Which is awesome - I might own a pair or two (or six) of shoes that have been glittered-up, and now I'm feeling like I should actually tackle this myself. (Running the risk, of course, that I won't be able to stop until absolutely everything in my closet has been be-glittered. I mean, have you seen Martha Stewart's colorful 24-pack palette?!?)

I realized this was an actual trend yesterday when I saw that even Martha has gotten in on the act. According to their blog, she recently showed how to dazzle up a pair of sneakers on her TV show with one of the bloggers from Honestly...WTF, though the result was a little too Atlantic City for me. (And, according to the comments, the sneakers pick up ugly creases after you wear them for a couple of hours.)


More stylish examples have appeared recently on the blogs a pair & a spare and Le.Fanciullle. It seems like all you really need to do this is a blank pair of shoes, ample glitter, and some craft glue.

Now get to it! After all, as the immortal songstress Ke$ha said to Entertainment Weekly, "If I smear glitter on my face [or, er, on my shoes], you don't have a choice - you will be more attracted to me." And isn't that reason enough? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.