Sunday, December 16, 2012

25 Days of Ornaments: Perler bead Union Jack

Here's another ornament that I came up with when I was home over Thanksgiving, using my trusty fusible beads. I was attempting to make a circular Union Jack out of the Perler/Hama/fusible beads so that I could create a traditional Christmas ball ornament, albeit one in 2-D. But the circle just wasn't coming together, and as I fooled around, my lopsided circle eventually became a square, at which point it occurred to me to make a present ornament. I added a ribbon bow, crossed in the back, and voila...my very own Perler/Hama bead Union Jack ornament. :)

I know I said the Christmas Story leg lamp ornament would probably be my favorite for the year, but I don't know, I'm loving this one too. Hmmm...

In terms of the pattern, the majority of it is visible, I think. Covered up by the ribbon though is the center cross in red -- there are two lines of red beads running across, and two lines of red running up and down. If you have any questions or something isn't clear, let me know in the comments!



Copyright © 2012 Melinda Mahaffey, all rights reserved. This pattern or its finished product may not be reproduced, sold or distributed – mechanically, electronically, or by any other means, including posting to websites – without written permission from Melinda Mahaffey. The pattern and finished product is for personal use only.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.