Tuesday, December 11, 2012

25 Days of Ornaments: Perler bead Christmas

Another day, another set of Perler/Hama/fusible-bead ornaments. :) Like some of my other fusible-bead ornaments -- the snowman and A Christmas Story leg lamp -- I experimented with the shapes until I stumbled upon something I liked. The only difference is that on these ones, I used cookie cutters as a basic guide. (Apparently you can put fusible beads into cookie cutters and then into the oven and they melt into the cookie-cutter shape -- but that's not what I did, and the resulting ornaments don't particularly appeal to me.)

On these multicolored ornaments, I used the cookie cutters at the beginning of the process to help me figure out the shape, situating the cookie cutter on top of the peg board. However, this isn't a perfect method, as the curved lines of a cookie cutter and the unyielding pegs don't always match up. :)  But it's a good start, and after that, you just have to eyeball it until your project looks the way you want it to.

Need some Hama/Perler/fusible bead tips? Check out my post on fusible-bead snowflakes -- there, I discussed what I learned during the process, especially concerning the ironing. (Oh, the ironing.)

 

Copyright © 2012 Melinda Mahaffey, all rights reserved. These patterns or the finished products may not be reproduced, sold or distributed – mechanically, electronically, or by any other means, including posting to websites – without written permission from Melinda Mahaffey. The patterns and finished products are for personal use only.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.