Tuesday, December 4, 2012

25 Days of Ornaments: Fusible-bead snowman and toy soldier

I'm just going to do a quickie post today as it's late already and we're going to watch a movie. :) Today's ornaments feature more fusible beads! For the snowman, I just used my imagination and "drew" the shape with the beads, editing/moving beads around when necessary until it actually looked like a snowman. For the toy soldier, I used this cross-stitch pattern as a guide -- cross-stitch patterns are quite useful when playing with Perler/Hama beads, as one cross-stitch can equal one bead, making it easy to follow along (and get it right). But this particularly cross-stitch pattern was a little too big for the ornament I had in mind, so I sized it down a little by importing the photo into the Paint application and using the gridlines function. (The gridlines make little squares, essentially creating a cross-stitch pattern. It's my new best friend.)

 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.