Friday, December 21, 2012

25 Days of Ornaments: Button Christmas trees, button wreaths and more (round-up)

It turns out that people on the Interwebs don't care that much about Turkey -- my most popular blog post, far and away, has been the one on last year's button Christmas tree. It's gotten nearly 1,000 views, which just seems astounding to me.

I still have a large stash of buttons left over from last year, plus I might have supplemented my supply when I was home over Thanksgiving, so I've been working on a couple of new button ornaments for this year. But as they're not quite ready yet, let's start with a round-up of some of the holiday button crafts out there:


1. Better Homes and Gardens has a short tutorial on making holiday coffee sleeves using buttons as embellishments.

2. Martha Stewart explains how to convert buttons into stamps that kids can use to make gift wrap.

3. My most-popular post: the button Christmas tree

4. I am in love with this homemade Christmas card that uses buttons as hanging ornaments. It's just so colorful and creative!

5. A different take on the button Christmas tree: Glue buttons to cardstock, add a decorative paper background and then frame

6. I can't seem to reach the actual webpage, but I saw some really cute button snowmen ornaments on Pinterest. My guess is that the originator of the project glued the buttons together and then added a felt scarf and hat.

7. Back to Martha Stewart, she has a tutorial on making a no-fail button-wreath ornament.

8. Martha really is the queen of button crafts: She has another tutorial, this time on pin-on button boutonnieres. It's meant to be for a wedding, but I think it could easily work as a Christmas ornament. If it's too flimsy, just add a backing (see #9).

9. Last but not least, it's my second button project from last year: my version of a button-wreath ornament.

I hope you enjoyed this round-up. Good luck tackling some of these DIY button Christmas projects and ornaments!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.