crochet reindeer-head ornament last week; while I didn't really like the way it turned out when I was holding it in my hand, it does look pretty cute on the tree, where it's not the entire focus.
While there was an error or two in the writing of the pattern, for the most part, I thought it was easy to follow. However, the pattern specifies joining each round with a slip stitch, but I didn't do that -- it seemed unnecessary, and I knew from the holiday lights pattern that you can just keep going with no noticeable effect. (If you skip the slip stitch, you don't need to do the chain 1 that starts every round either.) The antlers were the hardest part, as they're pretty small. I turned them inside-out almost immediately, working the stitches the opposite way, and stuffed them as I went. I sort of improvised with them, but they seemed to turn out fine.