Thursday, December 13, 2012

25 Days of Ornaments: Crochet donut

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and there's nothing that says Christmas like a donut, right? Hahaha -- only for Homer Simpson, I guess. Nonetheless, like the crochet mice, it somehow works.


This idea came to me a couple of months ago -- seriously, one day I just had a vision of an awesome Christmas donut ornament -- although in the original vision, my donut was made out of felt. But then I stumbled across this crochet pattern by chance, so I decided to give it a go first. (Let's be honest -- it's so much easier to use someone else's pattern than to come up with your own.) In the Lion Brand pattern, the frosting is a more traditional pink or brown, but I went with a red here to put the Christmas in my donut -- if I'd had decent green yarn on hand, I would have made a second version, too.


I haven't done any felt ornaments this year -- frankly, the material intimidates me -- but I'll get around to them, and my donut vision, eventually. :)



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.