Sunday, December 2, 2012

25 Days of Ornaments: The Return with Holiday Lights Ornaments

It's December! Holiday movies! Christmas trees! Candy and cookies! Mall Santas! And, for the second year in a row, a month devoted to making Christmas ornaments. :)  After realizing last year how hard it is to make a quality ornament every single day, I decided to get a head start this year when I was home for Thanksgiving. First up? Jean Herman's Holiday Lights Garland (available for free on Ravelry) that I didn't have the crochet skills to tackle last year.

But how things change. The pattern seemed really daunting back then, but now that I've figured it out, I realize that it's quite simple and nicely repetitive. While Herman's pattern is for a garland, I think the bulbs make lovely stand-alone ornaments, especially in bright, untraditional colors.

























I don't want to post Herman's instructions as obviously they're hers and not mine (and easily accessible), but if you have any how-to questions, please post them in the comments and I will do my best to help!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.