Thursday, December 1, 2011

Inspiration: 25 Days of Ornaments

I love the run-up to Christmas - it's such a festive, happy time, what with Christmas songs, feel-good movies, colorful lights, candy and cookies, and mall Santas. While there is some Christmas cheer here in Istanbul - I saw an IKEA ad on TV last night featuring dancing Santas - it's still not quite the same as being home. So I decided to embark upon a crazy project: Make 25 Christmas ornaments in the next 25 days, mostly to add some decoration to our apartment. I don't know if I can actually accomplish this but I'm willing to give it a try...

I needed some inspiration so while I was home over Thanksgiving, I searched the interwebs for ideas:


Top row, from left: Felt Wardrobe ornaments from Woman's Day; Felt Ogee Ornament from artist, author, and blogger Betz White; Sewn Bird Ornaments from The Purl Bee; and button tree ornament from an unknown source but I suspect it's Martha Stewart

Bottom row, from left: Colorful angels from etsy seller Valche; Sheet Music and Cardboard Star from Good Housekeeping; Soldier and Ballerina Needlepoint Pattern from About.com. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.