Wednesday, December 7, 2011

25 Days of Ornaments: Knitted Christmas Tree

For today's ornament, I knitted a three-tiered Christmas tree from the book The Knitter's Year by knitting queen Debbie Bliss. I had some doubts about it as I went along - first that the shape was working out, then that the tiers would hang right - but in the end I was pretty pleased. Bliss finishes her Christmas tree off with round beads of various colors (meant to represent ornaments) but I didn't like the way that it looked in the photo, so I decided to use sequins to mimic a garland instead.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.