Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Istanbul City Guide up at Design Sponge!

I'm excited to tell you that my Istanbul City Guide went up on Design Sponge today. Hooray! If you're visiting my blog because you saw the story, welcome and thanks for stopping by. I blog about my adventures in Turkey and occasional DIY and crafts projects; it's a weird combination, I know.

So, to the guide...to be honest, it took me a couple of weeks to write it and I feel a huge relief knowing it's done and up. Admittedly, a large part of that time was writer's block and procrastination, the two banes of my existence (which is now, frankly, why I'm working a regular job at a newspaper). But it was also really hard to choose where to include - there are 15 million people in this city, a zillion things to do, and I feel like I have barely scratched the surface. What to include and what to leave out in such a guide? Istanbul too is a city that people feel pretty passionate about so I felt a responsibility to do it right (and also a little nervous about the comments over what I chose; you just don't get that kind of direct feedback in magazines).

Anyway, er, enough about me and my writing anxieties...head over to Design Sponge and check it out! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.